I’ve been laid off for two months now. If you’re wondering what’s the appropriate gift for the two-month unemployment anniversary, you can’t go wrong with a bottle of wine. Or bourbon. Your choice.
I was starting to have a bit of an anxiety attack about the fact that I’ve been out of work for two months, so I’m making a list of the perks of being unemployed.
- I can run during daylight. This time of year, this is a huge bonus.
- Easy commute.
- Lax dress code. Very lax.
- If I feel like baking in the middle of a dreary afternoon, I can.
- I have time for making elaborate breakfasts and/or lunches.
- I can meet a friend for coffee in the middle of the afternoon.
(hmmm…I’m realizing a lot of these are food-focused. Not all that surprising, really.)
If I could just figure out how to monetize even one of these, I’d be all set!